Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Here Comes The Sun


Sunrise By the Washington Monument

Here comes the sun (doo doo doo doo)
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

~The Beatles


How are you doing now that we are on Daylight Savings Time?
 
Yeah!!! I'm so glad it's here!!  Winter seemed to have so many fits and starts this year -- chilly, snow then warmth, then cold again -- I think we really deserve to have Spring and a longer day finally arrive.
 
It was hard to roll out of bed Monday morning, having lost an hour and still recovering from my fall at the gas station, but I think the trade off is worth it.  A longer day means more daylight and that's a good thing because light affects my mood and maybe yours too.
 
When I leave my office building in the winter and it's already dark, that is a real downer for me.  It just doesn't feel right for it to get dark at 4:30 pm or 5 pm.  It means that it's dark when I go to work and dark when I leave work.  I do leave my office and go outside during the day either to go to run an errand or get lunch, but that's not enough. 
 
I love the longer days of spring and summer.  I just feel lighter and brighter and full of possibility.  Most people feel a surge of energy from sunlight.  The warmth and brightness of the light lifts your mood and makes you feel good and ready to take on some new projects: gardening, painting or just putting away the winter coats, boots and blankets.

So, as the Beatles would say, bask in the bright light little darling.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment